The Union Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has introduced a new process of classification and registration of MSME Enterprises under the name of ‘Udyam Registration’ on July 01, 2020.
Revised MSME Classification
A micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) is classified as below-
|Classification||Investment in plant and machinery or equipment||Turnover|
|Micro enterprise||Not more than INR 1 Crore||Not more than INR 5 Crore|
|Small enterprise||Not more than INR 10 Crore||Not more than INR 50 Crore|
|Medium enterprise||Not more than INR 50 Crore||Not more than INR 250 Crore|
Who should Apply for Online Udyam Registration?
Any person who intends to establish a micro, small, medium enterprise may file online udyam registration.
Documents Required for Udyam Registration Online
The Online Udyam Registration application process is based on self-declaration, and there is no further requirement to upload any documents, certificates, papers, or proofs.
The user will only need to provide their 12-digit Aadhaar Number, Pan Card and Bank Account details of Business for the registration process.
Udyam Registration Process
You can carry out the Udyam Registration iby simply logging on to LegalDocs website and follow the below mentioned 3 easy steps.
How to Register MSME using Udyam Registration Portal?
The new MSME registration process is completely online, paperless and based on self-declaration. No documents or proofs are required to be uploaded for registering an MSME.
- An MSME needs to apply for online Udyam Registration in Udyam Registration Portal.
- On successful submission of application, the enterprise will be assigned ‘Udyam Registration Number’ (i.e., permanent identity number).
- On completion of the registration process, the enterprise shall be issued a ‘Udyam Registration Certificate’.
- Aadhaar number is mandatory for obtaining udyam registration. Following aadhaar number is required based on the type of firm
|Type of firm||The person whose Aadhaar number is required|
|Partnership firm||Managing partner|
|Hindu Undivided Family||Karta|
|Company or a Co-operative Society or a Trust or a Limited Liability Partnership||Authorized signatory|
Udyam Registration for Existing MSME Businesses/ Enterprises
The existing enterprises registered either under EM-Part – II or UAM or registered with any other organization under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises are required to register again on the Udyam Registration Portal. Such enterprises are required to apply and obtain Udyam Registration on or after 1st July 2020.
The enterprises registered prior to 30th June 2020 should note the following points-
- Such enterprises shall be re-classified based on the revised criteria notified under notification dated 26th June 2020;
- Such enterprises registered prior to 30th June 2020 shall be valid only till 31st March 2021.
Updation of information in Udyam registration
The enterprise already having the Udyam registration number needs to update its information online on the Udyam Registration Portal. In case of failure, the enterprise would be liable for suspension of its status.
The classification of the enterprise shall be updated based on the information collected from the income tax return or the goods and service tax return. The updation, if any, and its consequence are explained hereunder
|Type of updation||Consequence of updation|
|Upward graduation||The enterprise will continue to maintain its prevailing status till the expiry of one year from the close of the year of the registration.|
|Downward graduation||The enterprise will continue its prevailing status till the close of the financial year. The benefit of the changed status will be available from subsequent financial year.|
Udyam Registration Benefits
Following are some of the benefits of Udyam Registration
- Easy Bank Loan upto 1 Cr without Collateral/ Mortgage
- Special Preference in Procuring Government Tenders
- 1 percent Exemption on interest rate on Bank Overdraft (OD)
- Concession in Electricity Bills
- Protection against the delay in payment from Buyers
- Tax Rebates
- Special 50 percent discount on Government fees for Trademark and Patent
- Fast Resolution of Disputes
Current Account Opening
A current account is a type of deposit account that helps the professionals and businessmen to run their business. Businessmen can avail various benefits by Online Current Account such as:
- Unlimited transactions
- Customized features
- Online banking services
Online current account reduces the hassle and provides the benefit to complete the banking process anytime and anywhere.
Are you Ready to Grow your Business?
- Zero Balance Current Account
- In just 5 mins
- Free Current Account Powered by ICICI Bank
Online Udyam Registration FAQs
What is Udyam Registration?
How to Apply for Online Udyam Registration?
What are the fees for Online Udyam Registration?
What are the documents required for Udyam Registration Online?
Is Udyam Registration Mandatory?
What are Udyam Registration Benefits?
- Tax Benefits
- Easy Clearance of Pending Payments
- 50% discount on trademark and Patent Fees
- Lesser Interest Rates For Bank OverDraft(OD)
- Eligible for Mudra Loan Scheme
- Apply Government Tenders Easily