Why Choose LegalDocs?
- Best Service @ Lowest Cost Guaranteed
- No Office Visit, No Hidden Charges
- 360 Degree Business Assistance
- Serviced 50000+ Customers
Types of Affidavits
What is an affidavit ?
Affidavit meaning in general terms can be as an oath or affirmation which is used as an evidence anywhere. It gives assurity for the existence and all the mentioned points are true.
Such statement is witnessed as to the authenticity of the affiant's signature by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public or commissioner of oaths.
How to Create an Affidavit Online
You can complete your affidavits process with three simple steps, where you just have to rest at home and we will do the entire affidavits procedure.
- Draft your affidavit form
- Online authentication will be done
- Get the agreement at your doorstep
Requirements for Writing online affidavits
There are few requirements to be noted while drafting an affidavit sample, they are mentioned below:
- Affidavits should always be in the first person.
- It should be done before a person authorized to take oaths in respect of the particular kind of affidavit.
- The person draft and affidavit must swear or affirm that the content is true.
- A person can either affirm or declare instead of swearing if allowed by law.
Where the deponent is illiterate, blind or unacquainted with the language in which the affidavit is written, a certificate by the person taking the affidavit that the affidavit was read, translated or explained in his presence to the deponent, that the deponent seemed perfect to understand it and that the deponent made his signature or mark in his presence, shall appear at the bottom of the affidavit.
An affidavit should be properly signed by the deponent in the presence of the oath administering authority.
The bottom part of the Affidavit Format should include the following:
- Full name of the deponent and their signature
- Concluding statement
- Date and place
- Designation and full name of the Notary