What is the HSN code?
The Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System for the most refer to “Harmonized System of Nomenclature”. It is a multipurpose worldwide item terminology created by the World Customs Organization (WCO). It initially became effective in the year 1988. HSN code contains six digit uniform code that groups 5,000+ items and which is acknowledged around the world.
This kind of characterization is utilized for tax collection purposes in recognizing the rate of duty appropriate to an item in a country. This code is additionally used to decide the quantum of thing exchanged or imported all over a country.
HSN code search
You can check the details of HSN code by entering valid HSN code in the HSN code search portal. The procedure to find HSN code is not much complicated. Following is the procedure mentioned to find HSN code:
- First, log in to legaldocs.co.in and visit HSN search page.
- According to you choose one of the options, goods or services
- Mention your category and submit
- You will easily find HSN or SAC code on k list legaldocs page
HSN Codes under GST
Under GST law, the HSN code to be utilized by every individual who has completed GST registration. Under GST HSN code should be mentioned on the invoice and furthermore to be accounted for the entire procedure of GST registration.
Under GST, the majority of dealers should embrace two, four, or eight digit HSN codes for their wares, contingent upon their turn-over the earlier year.
- Individuals whose turnover is Rs. 5 crores or more will utilize 4 digit HSN code,
- Individuals whose turnover is above Rs. 1.5 crores yet beneath Rs. 5 crore will utilize 2 digit HSN code,
- Individuals whose turnover is below Rs. 1.5 crore is not required to make reference to HSN code.
- Businesses registered under the composition scheme are not required to mention HSN codes on their invoices.
Benefits of HSN code
HSN(Harmonized System of Nomenclature has thought of different advantages referenced below:
- It helps in characterizing goods everywhere throughout the country for Customs and Central Excise
- It gives a uniform tax assessment framework everywhere throughout the world
- More simplicity of working together universally
- It can likewise be utilized in documenting returns, solicitations, and others
Why is HSN code important
Indian Taxation System has segregated more than 1211 goods for under 6 general classes or assessment sections. These are 0% or No Tax, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. The utilization of GST rates all around will end up orderly, diminishing the expenses of worldwide exchange.
The recognition for goods becomes less complicated, and resultantly fewer outcomes of error while billing and reconciliation. While recording GST returns on the web, HSN code is required for the supply of products so that the correct tax amount is charged against the goods.
What is SAC under GST
SAC codes (Services Accounting Code) are codes issued by CBEC to consistently group every administration under GST. Each administration has a remarkable SAC. These SAC codes can be utilized in solicitations made by you for the administrations you conveyed.
In the accompanying SAC code show, you will discover all the SAC codes and appropriate GST rates on them. This will enable you to know the privilege GST rate you ought to charge in your solicitations. For your simplicity, we have likewise incorporated a section named "Additionally Check" where you can check whether certain distinctive SAC should be utilized for your administrations. This SAC code rundown and GST on administrations list has been refreshed on tenth November 2017 after 23rd GST Council meeting.
Understanding the bifurcation of HSN Code
The HSN code contains 21 sections, with 99 Chapters, around 1,244 headings, and 5,224 sub-headings. The 6 digits of HSN is decoded as
- First two digits indicate the Chapter number
- Next two digits tell you about to the heading
- Last two digits are the item code.
The sections are arranged on a more extensive point of view. Parts, then again, have a considerably more explicit categorization.
Section-wise Summary of HSN Code
HSN code list has 21 sections in them for outward supplies, each section has a different list of products an as mentioned below:
- Section 1 - Animal Products, Live Animals
- Section 2 - Vegetable and its products
- Section 3 - Vegetable or Animal Fats and Oils and their cleavage products, prepared edible fats, Animal or Vegetable Waxes
- Section 4 - Prepared Foodstuffs, Beverages, Spirits and Vinegar, Tobacco and Manufactured Tobacco Substitutes
- Section 5 - Mineral Products
- Section 6 - Product of the chemicals or allied Industries
- Section 7 - Plastics and articles thereof, Rubber and articles thereof
- Section 8 - Raw hides and skins, Leather, Furskins and articles thereof, saddlery and harness, travel goods, handbags and similar containers, articles of animal gut ( other than silk-worm gut )
- Section 9 - Wood and articles of wood, Wood charcoal, Cork and articles of cork, Manufacturers of straw, of Esparto or of Other Plaiting Materials, Basketwork, and Wickerwork
- Section 10 - Pulp of wood or of other Fibrous Cellulosic Material, Recovered ( Waste and scrap ) paper or paperboard, paper and paperboard and articles thereof
- Section 11 - Textile and textile articles
- Section 12 - Footwear, Headgear, Umbrellas, Sun Umbrellas, Walking-sticks, seat-sticks, whips, riding crops, and parts thereof, Prepared feathers and articles made therewith, Artificial flowers, Articles of human hair
- Section 13 - Articles of stone, plaster, cement, asbestos, mica, or similar materials, ceramic products, glass and glassware
- Section 14 - Natural or cultured pearls, Precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, Metal clad with precious metal, and articles thereof, Imitation Jewellery, Coins
- Section 15 - Base Metals and Articles of Base Metal
- Section 16 - Machinery and mechanical appliances, electrical equipment, parts thereof, sound recorders and reproducers, television image and such recorders and reproducers, and Parts and Accessories of such article
- Section 17 - Vehicles, Aircraft, Vessels and Associated Transport Equipment
- Section 18 - Optical, Photographic, Cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus, clocks, and watches, musical instruments, parts and accessories thereof
- Section 19 - Arms and ammunition, parts and accessories thereof
- Section 20 - Miscellaneous Manufactured Articles
- Section 21 - Works of art, Collectors' Pieces and Antiques