Why Choose LegalDocs
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No Office Visit, No Hidden Cost
- Serviced 50000+ Customers
FoSCoS FSSAI Central License
FSSAI is a leading government agency that works for the well-being of the masses by implementing relevant food safety norms. Its ultimate objective is to formulate various guidelines and norms to incentivize food safety awareness in India. FSSAI formulates food safety norms and various other guidelines in view of the Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006.
FSSAI Central License is legal consent granted by FSSAI to the food businesses which have;
- Annual turnover greater than Rs 20 crores or;
- Various units running in multiple states or;
- Monthly or annual production greater than the prescribed threshold limit
Which Business are Required to get FoSCoS FSSAI Central License?
The following businesses are required to obtain Central FSSAI License:
- Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk per day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
- Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit processing more than 2 MT per day.
- Slaughtering units which handle more than 50 large animals or 150 small animals or more than 1000 poultry birds per day.
- Meat processing units that process more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
- All food processing units including relabellers and repackers who process more than 2 MT per day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
- All manufacturers of proprietary foods
- All 100% Export Oriented Units
- All importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use
- Storage units other than those having controlled atmosphere and cold environment having capacity of more than 50,000 MT.
- Cold or Refrigerated Storage having capacity of more than 10,000 MT.
- Controlled Atmosphere + Cold Storage having capacity of more than 1,000 MT.
- Wholesalers having turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
- Retailers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Distributors having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Suppliers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Caterers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Hotels – Five Star & Above.
- Restaurants having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Transporters having more than 100 vehicles or turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
- Marketers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
- Food catering services in establishments and units under Central Government Agencies like Defence, etc.,
- Storage or Wholesalers or Retailers or Distributors having premises in Central Government Agencies.
- Food catering services at seaport located at Kandla, Tuticorin, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Marmagoa, Cochin, Mumbai, Chennai, JNPT and/or airport located at Kolkata, Trichy, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Amritsar, Cochin, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Trivandrum and Ahmedabad.
Documents Required for Obtaining Central FSSAI License
The following documents must be submitted to the FSSAI for obtaining Central FSSAI License:
- 1.Form- B completed and signed by the Proprietor or Partner or Authorized Signatory.
- 2.Blueprint/layout of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- 3.List of Directors / Partner / Proprietor / Executive Members of Society / Trust with full address and contact details (Mandatory for Companies only).
- 4.Name and list of equipment and machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horsepower used (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- 5.Photo identification and address proof issued by the Government for Proprietor / Partner / Director(s) / Authorized Signatory (Optional).
- 6.List of food categories desired to be manufactured. (For manufactures only).
- 7.Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspection, collection of samples, packing and dispatch. (For manufacturers and processors).
- 8.Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized / public health laboratory to confirm the portability. (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units).
- 9.Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed / Rental Agreement / Electricity Bill) (Optional).
- 10.Partnership Deed or Declaration for Proprietorship or MOA & AOA along with Certificate of Incorporation and List of Directors with address. In case of Company, three pages must be uploaded: First Page – Certificate of Incorporation, Second Page – Authorization of food business activity and Third Page – List of Directors with addresses).
- 11.Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act – 1861 / Multi State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (If applicable).
- 12.NOC & Copy of License from manufacturer (Mandatory for Relabellers and Repackers).
- 13.Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate (if any).
- 14.Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centres in case of milk and milk products processing units. (if applicable).
- 15.Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (if applicable).
- 16.Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognized / public health laboratory.
- 17.Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed (optional).
- 18.NOC from Municipality or Local Body (optional).
- 19.Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU.
- 20.Supporting documentary proof of turnover.
- 21.NOC/PA documents issued by FSSAI.
- 22.IE Code document issued by DGFT.
- 23.FSSAI Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution.
- 24.Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism (HRACC). (Mandatory for Hotels).
- 25.Documentary proof of turnover or self declaration of number of vehicles (Mandatory for Transporters).
- 26.FSSAI Declaration Form.
Easy steps For FSSAI Licence
Get a free FSSAI Licence consultation from our experts
Upload Documents Online, from anywhere anytime
Easy and secure online approval
Get you food license/certificate at your home
Additional Read : How to get FSSAI Certificate?
Validity and the Renewal of Central FSSAI License
The Central FSSAI license comes with a flexible validity duration ranging from 1-5 years. The cost of the license would increase in accordance with the validity period. As far as the renewal is concerned, the central FSSAI license should be renewed before the 30 days of the expiration date, or else the penalties would be levied. The process of renewal for a food license is as simple as applying for the new license.
Current Account Opening
A current account is a type of deposit account that helps the professionals and businessmen to run their business. Businessmen can avail various benefits by Online Current Account such as:
- Unlimited transactions
- Customized features
- Online banking services
Online current account reduces the hassle and provides the benefit to complete the banking process anytime and anywhere.
Are you Ready to Grow your Business?
- Zero Balance Current Account
- In just 5 mins
- Free Current Account Powered by ICICI Bank
FoSCos Central FSSAI License FAQ’s FAQs
How to get FoSCos Central FSSAI License Online?
Follow the simple steps:
- 1. Visit and login to LegalDocs Website
- 2. Upload your Documents and make payment
- 3. A Legaldocs Expert will apply for your license
- 4. The FSSAI Central License will be delivered at your doorstep.
Who Needs a FSSAI Central License?
How long does it take to get a Central FSSAI License?
How can I convert my basic FSSAI licence to a Central FSSAI license?
Who provides the FSSAI Central License?
What are the 3 types of FSSAI License?
The 3 types of FoSCoS FSSAI License are as follows:
- FSSAI Basic Registration
- FSSAI State Licence, and
- Central FSSAI license