Why Choose LegalDocs
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No Office Visit, No Hidden Cost
- Serviced 50000+ Customers
What is Gumasta License?
If you are starting a new business, lets say you will need a important licence, which is Shop act Licence or it is called as Gumasta License . Basically in India when you start any type of the business with physical shop then business requires the Shop Act Licence/Gumasta license from your state authority.
Gumasta License was introduced to look after the employee's rights and another establishment in the jurisdiction. It is necessary to apply for Gumasta while establishing a shop, hotel or any other commercial place. It also helps to regulate the betterment of employee such as in which condition does he works, payment, rules and provide maximum benefits for the employees.
The shop and establishment registration should contain following details such as name of the employer and manager, name of establishment, nature of business, number of workers and such other details as may be prescribed. The Facilitator shall issue to the employer of such Shop establishment a receipt of intimation in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
Additional Read : What is Gumasta License?
Shop Act Registration Process
As per new rules of the Shop Act Registration, get instant Gumasta License with 3 simple online steps at LegalDocs.
- Step 1. Application: Shop-act Form Fillup the form as per Shop Act of particular state.
- Step 2. Submit Documents: Upload required documents like Identity proof, address proof, establishment proof (Photo of owner with Shop/ establishment Hoarding).
- Step 3. Scrutiny and Approval: Reply to queries raised by office and get digitally signed Shop Act License with LegalDocs. LegalDocs help and consult for Application documentation and approval from concerned authorities. We offer three Easy Steps to get Online Shop Act Licence.
Additional Read : Shop Registration Process
Documents required for Shop Act Licence or Gumasta License
Documents required for Gumasta License online vary from state to state but generally following documents are required.
- Name of the employer and the manager, if any;
- The postal address of the Shop or establishment;
- The name, if any, of the establishment;
- The category of the establishment, i.e. whether it is a Shop, commercial establishment, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theatre or other place of public amusement or entertainment
- Actual photo of the establishment with the signboard
|Aadhar||Passport Size||Photo of owner with Shop|
Current Account Opening
A current account is a type of deposit account that helps the professionals and businessmen to run their business. Businessmen can avail various benefits by Online Current Account such as:
- Unlimited transactions
- Customized features
- Online banking services
Online current account reduces the hassle and provides the benefit to complete the banking process anytime and anywhere.
Are you Ready to Grow your Business?
- Zero Balance Current Account
- In just 5 mins
- Free Current Account Powered by ICICI Bank
Apply For Current Account
Shop Act Licence Renewal Process
Gumasta license renewal online can be done online easily through LegalDocs.
- For Gumasta Renewal all you have to do is logon to the website LegalDocs.
- Provide your information and documents online to our expert
- Get your licence delivered to your home.
Government shop act licence fees and charges are different for different states and government procedure is also different.For example, in Maharashtra Gumasta renewal procedure is scrapped and new Gumasta license online are issued with lifetime validity.
Additional Read : Shop License Renewal
What is Shop and Establishment Act?
Shops and establishment act also known as Shop Act, is an act which regulates the working conditions at all Shops and commercial establishments operating in a state.It is implemented by state governments and have different amendments in different states.
|Additional Read :||Shop and Establishment Act|
|Maharashtra Shop and Establishment Act|
What is Shop act registration?
Every Shop and commercial establishment conducting a business in a state needs to register with the state government under Shop act before commencing a business.An inspector appointed by the labour department of the state will check the necessary conditions under the act and then issue a certificate of Shop act registration to the employer which has to be displayed in the Shop. It is also called as shop act licence.Department of Labour of state government handles all the registrations under this act.
Key Features of the NewShop Act Licence?
Hours of operation
Certain businesses in Maharashtra may now stay open 24/7. This includes movie theaters, restaurants, financial institutions, medical practices, and retail outlets. The Act excludes any establishment which sells alcohol or cigarettes from remaining open passed existing deadlines.
Working hours for women
The Act allows female workers the ability to work work passed 9:30pm so long as their employer provides safe transportation from the work site to their residence. Protection of women – The Act prohibits the discrimination of women workers in matters of recruitment, training, promotion, and wages. Generally, women workers will be required to work only between 7 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. In emergencies, women may choose to work beyond these hours, provided the work space is safe and transport is made available for her to commute back to her residence.
Protection of women
The Act prohibits the discrimination of women workers in matters of recruitment, training, promotion, and wages. Generally, women workers will be required to work only between 7 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. In emergencies, women may choose to work beyond these hours, provided the work space is safe and transport is made available for her to commute back to her residence.
The working hours for employees will not exceed nine hours per day and 48 hours per week. Otherwise, the employer must pay employees double their regular wages as over time.
Holidays and leave
The Act specifies that workers are eligible to eight casual leaves (CLs), and can accumulate 45 days of paid leave during a year. The establishment will declare eight days as paid festival holidays, including four national holidays. The other four festival holidays may be mutually agreed between the establishment and its workers.
Welfare of workers
The law makes it mandatory for the establishment to ensure adequate arrangements are made for the health and safety of workers. Cleanliness, hygiene, ventilation, and lighting also come under the definition of safety of workers.
Additional Read : Benefits of Gumasta License
What is Commercial Establishment according to Shop Act?
Commercial establishment means an establishment which carries on, any business, trade or profession or any work in connection with, or incidental or ancillary to, any business, trade or profession and includes establishment of any legal practitioner, medical practitioner, architect, engineer, accountant, tax consultant or any other technical or professional consultant and also includes a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1866 (XXI of 1860), and a charitable or other trust, whether registered or not, which carries on whether for purposes of gain or not any business, trade or profession or work in connection with or incidental or ancillary thereto but does not include a factory, Shop, residential hotel, restaurant, eating house, theatre or other place of public amusement or entertainment.
What is the Gumasta License?
How can I get Gumasta License?
2. Upload required documents like Identity proof, address proof, establishment proof (Photo of owner with Shop/ establishment Hoarding).
3. Reply to queries raised by office and get digitally signed GumastaLicense with LegalDocs. LegalDocs help and consult for Application documentation and approval from the concerned authorities. We offer three Easy Steps to get Online GumastaLicence.
What are the documents required for Gumasta?
1. Name of the employer and the manager
2. The postal address of the Shop or establishment
3. Name the establishment
4. The category of the establishment
5. Actual photo of the establishment with the signboard
7. Passport Size
8. Photo of owner with Shop