TAN Registration Online/ TAN Card
Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number better known as TAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number. The number is required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting or collecting the tax.
The alphanumeric number is allotted by the Income Tax (IT) Department under Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961. It is required to be mandatorily quoted on all TDS returns.
Why is TAN Required?
TAN is required by all individuals because without it Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) or Tax Collected at Source (TCS) returns are not accepted by TIN facilitation centres. Banks do not accept the challans for TDS/TCS payments if TAN is not quoted.
It needs to be mentioned that failing to apply for TAN or not quoting the 10-digit alphanumeric number in specified documents like TDS/TCS returns, e-TDS/e-TCS returns, TDS/TCS certificates, and TDS/TCS, payment challans can attract a penalty of Rs.10,000.
Who can Apply for TAN Registration/ TAN Card?
Any individual or business entity that is supposed to deduct or collect tax at source on behalf of the Income Tax department needs to apply and obtain the 10-digit alphanumeric TAN.
Who issues TAN Card?
The Income Tax Department has delegated this power to NSDL, who on the behalf of the IT department and under the supervision of CBDT issues the TAN card.
Documents Required for TAN Registration
The following 3 documents are required for TAN Registration or obtaining a TAN Card Online
The application forms for all these categories can be found on the official website of NDSL and UTIITSL.
The following documents are required for the Pan Card application Online:
- 1. Passport size photographs
- 2. Aadhar Card
- 3. Proof of Address
How to Apply for TAN Registration/ TAN Card Online?
Simply follow the below 4 step procedure to obtain your TAN Card Online
Login to LegalDocs Website
Upload your Documents and Make the Payment
A LegalDocs Expert will get in touch with you
Receive Doorstep Delivery of Your Tan Card in 7 days
Validity of TAN Card
The TAN number is valid for a lifetime unless you surrender it to the tax authorities due to some reasons. The generation of the TAN is a one-time process requiring no renewal.
Benefits of TAN Registration/ TAN Card
Following are some of the Benefits of Owning a TAN Registration/ TAN Card
- TAN has a unique number with lifetime validity.
- TAN is ultimately used for deductions such as salary, interest, and dividends. While depositing a tax, the challan type 281 should be used and the 10 digit TAN number should be mentioned correctly along with the name and address of the deductor.
- As TDS certificates are issued by a person or entity which holds TAN, the tax payee has an opportunity to know how much tax has been paid by him/her.
- Similarly, the tax payee can use this TDS certificate as proof of tax paid in any type of grievances.
- TAN must be quoted on all tax documents.
- Even if anyone forgets the TAN number after acquiring, it can be found out by approaching the webpage of NSDL on clicking the “Know your TAN” from the option.
- Once the TAN application is successfully submitted, the status of the application can be tracked using the acknowledgment number.
Why Choose LegalDocs?
- Best Service @ Lowest Cost Guaranteed
- No Office Visit, No Hidden Charges
- 360 Degree Business Assistance
- Serviced 50000+ Customers
Current Account Opening
A current account is a type of deposit account that helps the professionals and businessmen to run their business. Businessmen can avail various benefits by Online Current Account such as:
- Unlimited transactions
- Customized features
- Online banking services
Online current account reduces the hassle and provides the benefit to complete the banking process anytime and anywhere.
Are you Ready to Grow your Business?
- Zero Balance Current Account
- In just 5 mins
- Free Current Account Powered by ICICI Bank
Apply For Current Account
START, MANAGE and GROW your Businesss With LEGALDOCS App
India's No. 1 Business and Tax Compliance Platform
GST Registration, GST Filing, Company Registration, Trademark Registration and More
One Stop Destination for all your Business Needs
What is a TAN Card?
What are the documents required for TAN Registration?
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of Address
How to apply for TAN Card Online?
- Login to LegalDocs Website
- Upload the required Documents and Make Payment
- A LegalDocs Expert will get in touch with you
- Receive Doorstep Delivery of Your Tan Card in 7 days